- Academic Search Complete – the very much appreciated database Academic Search Elite with 2,100 scientific journals has now been upgraded to Academic Search Complete with 7,300 peer reviewed journals. This is a database for all study fields at Arcada. You access ASC through Arcada Finna or Libguides
Academic Search Complete is the world’s most valuable and comprehensive scholarly, multi-disciplinary full-text database, with more than 8,500 full-text periodicals, including more than 7,300 peer-reviewed journals. In addition to full text, this database offers indexing and abstracts for more than 12,500 journals and a total of more than 13,200 publications including monographs, reports, conference proceedings, etc. The database features PDF content going back as far as 1887, with the majority of full text titles in native (searchable) PDF format. Searchable cited references are provided for more than 1,400 journals.
- CinAhl with Full Text – Our subscription for the reference database CinAhl has been upgraded to CinAhl with Full Text, which means there are much more scientific journals articles within the field of nursing and allied health available. Access CinAhl with Full Text via Arcada Finna or Libguides
CINAHL® with Full Text is the world’s most comprehensive source of full text for nursing & allied health journals, providing full text for more than 610 journals indexed in CINAHL®. This authoritative file contains full text for many of the most used journals in the CINAHL index – with no embargo. Full-text coverage dates back to 1981.
- Oppiportti – Arcada-users can now access all web courses (verkkokurssit) via the Duodecim platform Oppiportti. The online courses are made for students and professionals within the fields of nursing and medicine, and cover for example drug dosage calculations, vaccinations, infection control and end of life-care. The online courses are in Finnish and can also be used for language learning, see for example the courses Terveydenhuollon suomea 1-5. Access Oppiportti via Arcada Finna or Libguides (through Terveysportti > Oppiportti > Verkkokurssit).
- Perlego – Arcada library is proudly presenting a brand new e-book platform Perlego for all Arcada students and staff. Arcada is the first university in Finland to have access to Perlego, and thanks to this service, Arcada users have access to 200.000 more e-books than before. This more than doubles the amount from before. Perlego offers e-books from highly ranked publishers, such as Pearson. At the moment you access Perlego by registering with your personal Arcada e-mail address and the password for your own institution. Contact the library if you have not received information on what password to use. In the future, remote access to Perlego will work in the same way as to all our other databases but this is the solution for now.
- SFS Online – SFS Online provide standards from the Finnish Standards Association (SFS).You find standards covering electrical engineering and the rubber- and plastic industry. Access SFS Online via Arcada Finna or Libguides
If you have questions, contact the library! E-mail us at library at arcada.fi or meet us online every Wednesday at 13-15 through Zoom https://arcada.zoom.us/j/336756911. You can also book an online-appointment to get more help with information retrieval for your thesis or written assignment https://www.arcada.fi/en/library/personal-guidance.