A new academic year with new improvements in the library
Last spring the library did a survey among Arcada students on how the library space could be improved. We received a lot of feedback, and for the academic year 2015-2016 we have now been able to realize some of your suggestions!
- we’ve got new (and faster) computers
- the wifi has been updated and is now running faster
- the ventilation system has been improved
- we’ve got new coat racks, in the silent reading room and in the rooms for team work
- extension sockets can now be found in the silent reading room, for recharging your laptop or mobile phone batteries
And last but not least:
- now you can use the silent reading room also after the library’s closing time! You can enter the reading room with your personal Arcada key until 10 p.m., when the alarm goes on. Use the entrance next to the elevators in C2. This means that the library’s opening hours increased with 25 hours/week!
During the summer months we’ve also added new books to the library’s book collections, both printed and digital ones.
Further library news for the academic year 2015-2016 are still to be released, so stay tuned!